The leaders of an organization are responsible for translating vision to results. They must align the thinking and actions of others toward common expectations and goals, without false starts or missteps.
5 MUST DO's:
- Understand how your systems and structure affect individual and group performance
- Recognize and overcome system constraints
- Facilitate a rigorous and effective strategic-planning process
- Set priorities and effectively focus organizational resources (No more than 2 or 3 top priorities)
- Apply an appropriate behavioral model to move an organization from good to great
Leaders need to coordinate critical systemic elements of their organization - mission, core principles, vision, capacity for change, alignment, accountability, and internal communication - to reach optimal results and staff performance.